The Year in Games: Press the Start Button

From the official website/community.

Screenshot from a street battle in CoD 3.

DeShawn Smith, Staff Reporter

What’s more lit than video games? Nothing, video games take away boredom and make you forget about all the negatives (well, until you start to rage). 2015 came out with a lot of fun and exciting games, ranging all the way from sports to shooters. These are just a few of the biggest games that came out this year.

NBA 2k16 is a basketball game produced by 2k Sports and a special producer, Spike Lee. 2k16 has a new MyCareer mode where you have a family and you actually start in high school, and you work your way up through college, until you get to the NBA. It has a new soundtrack created by DJ Khaled. There are four different cover athletes, Stephen Curry, James Harden, Anthony Davis, and special edition, Michael Jordan. This game is available for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.  

Madden 16 is a football game produced by EA Sports. This version takes Madden to a whole another level with overhead cameras for new player Spotlights and closer and more accurate Highlight Reels. They have a new Catching System for receivers and safeties. The Cover Athlete of this game is OBJ (Odell Beckham, Jr.). Available for the following systems: PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is a military science fiction first person shooter video games. Great game to play with friends with a great Online Multiplayer mode. And of course like every other Black Ops game there are new Zombies and a new adventurous and action-thrilling Campaign. It’s available for PS3 and 4, Xbox One and 360, and even for PC gamers.

Fifa 16 is a soccer game produced by EA Sports. Fifa 16 is the first Fifa game to include female international teams. Fifa 16 has a new and improved Ultimate Team features, such as the Ultimate Team Draft. The cover athlete of Fifa 16 is once again Lionel Messi. Available on PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, and PS3.

As I said before, these are just few of many great games that have come out this year. Other hot game releases include, Halo 5, Rock Band 4, Dragonball Xenoverse, Battlefield Hardline, and more. You should look for these games in stores. They are a good way to spend your free time and full of excitement.