Here’s Some Good News, Finally

Screenshot of coverage by the Wall Street Journal.

Aerial view of the Brandon Reserve

Maddy Renda, Staff Reporter

In Case You Missed It: In the true spirit of the holidays here are some of the best headlines that have popped up recently…who doesn’t like *good* news?

Chinese Billionaire Spends $28 Million on 28K Acres of American Forest To Preserve It.

The “richest man in China,” Jack Ma, put up $28,000,000 to buy the Brandon Reserve, not too far away in New York’s Adirondack Mountains. He is turning the 28,000 acres of forest, rivers and mountains into a wildlife preserve.

Family Finds Frozen Kitten Under The Snow and Revives it after an hour of CPR

The Bingham family was having a normal Thanksgiving on the night of November 26, 2015. They were outside their Bear Lake, Utah home making a family movie when Brenden found a lifeless kitten buried under a thick blanket of snow.

Brenden’s older brother, Justin began giving the orange furred-bright blue eyed kitten CPR and despite having no response he kept rubbing its chest and continued to give CPR.

After nearly an hour of the same thing, the kitten bounced back to life.

“It was a miracle,” said Justin, the boy who revived the kitten.

After feeding it a thanksgiving meal of its own–a whole plate of salmon–they named him Lazarus after the Biblical figure brought back from the dead.  The family sent the kitten home with a cousin where it now lives happy and warm.

Meanwhile, roughly 400,000 planes took off and landed safely today

Air travel is still, on average, much safer than being in a car on the highway.

And according to the US Census Bureau:

about 361, 481 healthy babies were born today.

But wait, there’s more!

Cat videos are actually good for you, a study shows

Who doesn’t love a good cat video? A cat playing piano perhaps? How about at work or school? A majority of us are guilty of it (I know I am).

Well luckily for us, there’s a new study by Jessica Gall Myrick, an assistant professor at Indiana University.

Her new study shows that watching cat videos not only decreases negative effects  and increase positive effects but people who watch them at work release extra endorphins.

So basically, feel free to watch as many cat videos as you please- especially at school or work!
In all the negativity it’s always good to remember the good of the world