Warrior Ink

Top Ten Novels Perfect for Teens and Young Adults

Emily Rekully, Contributor

There are millions of books out there that can make you feel every emotion known the the human being, you just have to know where to look. Young adult sections are filled with them, if you like that kind of stuff. Or fantasy. Or books that you are forced to read in high school but actually fall in love with. These are just a few of my favorites.

The Fault In Our Stars… is full with twists of emotions and characters you can’t help but fall in love with. This book is perfect for someone who loves romance and problems real people are facing everyday. Okay? Okay.

All The Bright Places… is probably one of the best books I have ever read. This is one of those books that is emotionally draining, but manages to refresh the soul. The characters are quirky and relatable.

Throne of Glass… is written by Sarah J. Maas, who is a brilliant creator. Be taken in by a world of magic and monarchy while main character, Celaena, is pulled through challenges, you yourself will be pulled along with it.

Eleanor and Park… is a book that I probably wouldn’t have picked up on my own, being more of someone who loves to read dystopian novels. But after someone suggested it and I was basically forced into reading it, I can see why they did. It’s just one of those books, ya’know?

Harry Potter –just all the Harry Potter books. Every single one of them is perfect to read because they’re filled with little lessons, amazingly diverse characters, and overall amazing plotline.

The Hunger Games… this iconic trilogy and movie series is iconic for a reason. There’s a lot you can take from reading a book like this. There’s good writing, relatable characters, and a cliche love triangle. More importantly it shows how important it is to OVERTHROW A TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT.    

To Kill A Mockingbird… is another one of those books that you’re forced to read in your school career. But there’s a good reason for that, because it is so good to read. This book is an eyeopener everyone needs to read.

The Outsiders… is a perfect books for someone who loves a good classic, like The Giver or Catcher In The Rye. Content and characters and everything about it is great for the young adult.

Looking For Alaska… is another book written by John Green and is one of his best written, in my opinion. Strange characters meet unpredictable situations all blended together with Green’s impeccable writing style.

Fahrenheit 451…  is commonly read in your high school years. I read it for the first time my sophomore year. If you’re a bookworm like myself than this is an amazing book to digest. A book about book burning is perfect for a reader that loves irony and satire, and it remains relevant decades after it was first published.

As an opinion article, everything expressed above is attributed to the author only, and does not necessarily reflect the views of the entire Warrior Ink staff, their advisor, or the school district.

698 total views, 2 views today