Shrooms Found in the Royal Garden

While gardening expert Alan Titchmarsh and ecology expert Professor Mick Crawley were taking a tour in the Queens garden they happened to come upon something strange. The strange thing happened to be what some would call fly mushrooms, or magic mushrooms. Scientists call them Amanita muscaria.


The Amanita muscaria are bright red mushrooms that can be found in Europe, Asia and North America, They are an hallucinogenic and are considered to be poisonous to anyone who eats them. Eating these can cause intense nausea and dizziness for hours after eating them as well as involuntary twitching an increase in saliva and sweating,


According to NBC news, when Titchmarsh saw the mushrooms he asked Crawley if the mushrooms are edible and Crawley replied with saying “It’s eaten in some cultures for its hallucinogenic effects. But it also makes people who eat it very sick. The old-fashioned thing to do was to feed it to the village idiot, then drink his urine because you get all of the high without any of the sickness.” explaining both the symptoms and a bit of history going along with the mushrooms.
So no, the Queen wasn’t aware they were growing in her garden or just didn’t know the effects they can have the palace officials have also stated that they have never used these mushrooms in the food they eat.