Farewell to Warrior Ink Seniors

Anderson Graphics

The Warrior Ink Seniors working hard on their last article.

Z Goodman, Staff Reporter

Have you ever wondered about the personalities behind the stories here at Warrior Ink?

Throughout the second semester of the 2015-2016 school year I have been given the opportunity to spend my first period with three seniors. I am the only sophomore in my journalism class so therefore after this year they will be off at college and doing great things with their lives. I decided to chat with each of the seniors and find out nifty things about our journalistic seniors.

Tea: Tea was born on July 2nd, 1998 in the Queens borough in New York City. She is one of nine children and the third out of all of them. When she was one year old, her cousin threw an Elmo guitar at her and she was not only left with five stitches and a permanent scar from the incident. Her favorite colors are purple and lilac and in her free time she likes to draw. Tea isn’t fond of people who cause unnecessary drama. Although Tea does not know where yet, she plans on going to college, perhaps to study film.  She dreams of moving to the Washington D.C. area.  Her favorite story of the year was “Jaden Models Womenswear.”

Zaria: Zaria, aka Big Z, EIC, is the Senior with the most journalism experience, as she is completing her fourth course of Journalism. Zaria was born on August 8th 1998  Mount Vernon, New York which is on the border of the Bronx in New York City. She is obsessed with pickle chips and McDonalds. After high school she plans to attend The College of New Rochelle. Zaria does not enjoy talkative people or grammatical errors–heaven help you if you combine the two. Zaria has been holding it down as Editor in Chief since September.  Her favorite article this year has been “Reasons Not to Vote for Trump.”

DeShawn: DeShawn was born in Hof, Germany which lies in the northeastern corner of the Bavarian state on April 22, 1998. DeShawn can speak fluent German and plans to return to Germany for college. He will attend Friedrich Alexander Universität in Erlangen Nürnberg and study Business and  Management for four years. After college DeShawn plans to work in international business. He also plans on playing for a semi-pro German basketball team. His favorite subjects are Calculus and Gym. In his free time he likes to play basketball, bowl, draw and play soccer. He likes the color turquoise and any other shade of blue. Deshawn can’t stand when teachers put in zeros for days you are not at school, when people break promises, or lie. This reminds him of his favorite article, “Siberian Tiger…and a Goat” Follow-up: after a brief friendship, the tiger apparently got tired of the goat.

I have been blessed with the chance to work with these three great people all year long and they will be missed. There has never been a dull moment with them and I wish the best and I know that they will all go on to do wonderful things in their lifetime.

.