You Really SHOULD Go and Love Yourself

#sorrynotsorry, Bieber

RecoveryExperts.com

Khelsey Curry, Contributor

Have you ever witnessed someone trying to hard to fit in with the wrong crowd? I have witnessed a girl having a problem with one person, but then the victim’s friends all turned on her to be with the other girl. Those aren’t friends at all, yet after the fight she went right back to them. Even after all those things they said about her, she still decided she wanted to go back.

“I’m not exactly friends with her I’m just not trying to get involved with any drama. I still don’t like her but I’m not gonna say anything cause stuff will start again. I’m not gonna forgive her for what happened,” this student stated.

Why does it have to be that way though? Why can’t students just tell another student how they feel without being criticized by it, it’s kinda sad to see how hard kids try to be accepted. Then, when they think they are accepted, they turn into a totally different person.

Bottom line, being a mean girl isn’t someone you want to be. It’s not going to get you anywhere in life. “You can have a pretty face, but still be ugly,” my grandma would tell me. Some girls around the world are really beautiful, until you get to know them. The face is just a disguise to cover up that ugliness on the inside. I’m not saying everyone is perfect, but just watch out for those who make it known in a way that isn’t good.

Your parents and true friends don’t want you to be some other kid, they love you for you. Even if they don’t say it. My favorite saying really helps me with this and I hope it helps you: “Worry about loving yourself, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you.”