Best Songs (and/or Music Videos) of 2016

Screenshot from YouTube.

Emily Martinez, Staff Reporter

There are some music videos from 2016 that people will love. This year some of the best music has come out and showed some difference from the generation before hand.

A song called “The One Moment” by OK Go was one of the most creative videos released in 2016. It had a variety of shot types, and scenes. The band has long been famous for their highly original videos, some of which are cool even with the sound off. In my opinion “The One Moment” should be in the top ten for the year.

Chance the Rapper is one of my R&B rappers. He has many songs out, but there is one particular song with a music video that is great. The song is called “Angels,” it starts with a kid walking down the streets of New York City, and then you see Chance pass by flying. It  can sound ridiculous to some but it’s quite a unique video.

If you are looking for an unusual, or a complete video Sia should be an option to keep in mind. A recent video of hers would be “The Greatest.” The video is completed with different genres of dance and also different aspects of the setting.

If you’re looking for local uprising stars, there is a kid who is named Khalid who went to Carthage high school, and now is on the rise with albums, and tours. He now lives in El Paso, Texas. He is known by many local graduates. He is also known as “The Great Khalid” he became more known when internet sensation Kylie Jenner put his songs on her social media stream. Check out his video for “Location.”

An upbeat music video to listen and follow to can be Solange’s “Cranes in the Sky” directed by the artist and also husband Alan Ferguson. The song was to question people if they would be able to create a new and better world for themselves than the one they live in. The video was shot over the course of two road trips and in my opinion was well done and interesting.

And last but not least, one of the iconic new Beyonce songs. Her new album contains a song called “Lemonade” and it is astonishing. The action that occurs in it is amazing. Her team collaborators pulled together heritage, redemption, and choreography to make the perfect video.