Obamacare, aka the Affordable Care Act, in New Danger

Millions of Americans could lose their health insurance

Bre Williams, Staff Reporter

Obamacare is a u.s affordable care act that expands and improves access to care and curbs spendings through regulations and taxes. 20 million people are covered through obama’s affordable care act.

Awaiting the inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump, Republicans see their chance to finally dismantle the ACA. Trump and his republican party are preparing to take a major vote repealing obamacare. The votes is said to be taken this week.

Senate republicans are now exploring new ways to replace measures into this repeal bill.

While democrats oppose repealing Obamacare. Thus being that any replacement bill will need 60 votes in the senate, which means republicans will need to pick up support from eight different democrats on senate

According to CNN Sylvia mathews Burwell said, “ if health insurance companies don’t know what the market will look like going forward, many will either rise prices or drop out. That means more Americans won’t be able to afford coverage and other won’t be able to find it at all.

Adam Harvey, a junior at watertown high school says he doesn’t think it’s a good idea to try and pass a bill that repeals this act because not everyone has a lot of money for health care insurance, if they pass this bill a lot of people will have a hard time paying for it and finding a affordable cost.