Warrior Ink

Varsity Football Heads to Carrier Dome, Again

Kwaszi Gaddis, Sports Editor

The Boys Indian River Warriors football team is on their way to their third consecutive sectional championship game in the Syracuse Carrier Dome. The Warriors have been to the Carrier Dome five out of the last six years.

The Warriors are coming into the game with a record of 9-0, the last time our Warriors won a sectional championship game was the 2014-2015 season, where we also won the state championship game. In fact, the 2014 Warriors also came into their sectional game undefeated as well.

Coming off of a 45-14 win over Auburn high school last week, the warriors have a lot of momentum going to this week’s game rivalry game against the Carthage Comets. With a win over the Comets week 1, the warriors hope to have yet another win over the Comets in the Carrier Dome.

When we asked Nathan Mills how he felt about the upcoming game his response was “Dude is that even a question?”

It seems as if our Warriors are ready to go, and  look forward to getting the win. This should be the game of the week if not the game of the season, with both teams being rivals in our local area.

The Warriors and the Comets will be facing off November 2nd Friday night, kickoff will begin at 8pm; however the game will be streamed live on our Indian River Warrior website and on Spectrum News channel.

48 total views, 4 views today

1 Comment

One Response to “Varsity Football Heads to Carrier Dome, Again”

1. gabe coleman on November 15th, 2018 10:50 am

The IR Boys definitely gettin the ring this year.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Student news site of Indian River High School.