Warrior Ink

Warrior Pride Hits New Heights This Fall

Kira Grega, Staff Reporter

With league of 4-0 to an overall 9-0, the varsity Indian River football team stands undefeated as they make their way into the Carrier Dome, Friday night, November 2nd at 8 p.m. in Syracuse. Their 45-14 score against Auburn last Friday left them reaching for the stars as they make their way to becoming Class A 2018 Champions.

Not only are our boys excited, but our school spirit has immensely increased. When we asked 46 students here at Indian River if they’ll be attending the game, and 39 out of the 46 students said yes! The ones who won’t be going had either work or prior engagements. 

This reporter talked with Mr. Kuba, a science teacher here at Indian River who religiously goes to every game as scoreboard operator, and will also be taking pictures at the Dome.  With pride in his voice he states “A lot of hard work, playing together as a team, and listening to the outstanding coaching staff has allowed Indian River to be back at the dome.”

Walking the halls of Indian River, you will not see one person who isn’t wearing their warrior pride or are walking with someone who is. At every game the stands are full of anxious fans waiting to see the outcome of their beloved Warriors, not to be disappointed of course.

42 total views, 6 views today