Warrior Ink

Varsity Girls Basketball Off to Great Start

Kwazsi Gaddis, Sports Editor

Our Indian River girls basketball team is currently off to a great start. The lady Warriors are now undefeated, sitting at a record of 4-0.

Coming off a big win against Watertown Tuesday night, the warriors looks to use that momentum going into their next game against South Jefferson.

Leading the Warriors in scoring is freshman Adrien Lamora, with a total of 74 points on the season so far. Next behind her is senior Nia Gray, who has a total of 56 total points.

Both players have scored double digits in all four games so far this season, combining for a total of 130 points together.

Safe to say that this two headed monster duo, is going to continue to be a problem for opponents this season.

When Nia Gray was asked how she felt about the team so far she responded with: “We’re doing as I expected us to do, it’s still the beginning of the season so we haven’t really reached our peak yet, we’ll slowly progress as the season continues; and that’s good considering we’re undefeated right now.”

Nia Gray is looking forward to the team staying on track and remaining undefeated. As the senior captain on the team, leading the Warriors back to the Carrier Dome is clearly the ultimate goal for Nia.

The students here at Indian River are wishing the lady Warriors nothing but the best going further into the season, hope that they girls get what they’ve been working so hard for all off season.