Wearing a Mask in School Sucks

Composite image by Anderson Graphics.

Parker Ashley, Staff Reporter

[This is an opinion piece by the author, and does not necessarily represent the views of the whole Warrior Ink staff, or the faculty or staff of Indian River High School]

Have you ever thought that we would have to wear a mask in school? The year of 2020 has been the weirdest yet because of the COVID-19, yes I did say 2019 because COVID started about 6 months ago kinda at the end of the year COVID broke out and schools closed for the year.

When schools had opened back up, there are some changes this year we are made to wear a mask in school pretty much the whole time unless you are sitting and let me tell you, I’ve been in school for 4 weeks and there’s been a lot  of people I’ve talked to that have complained about wearing mask in, yes it sucks because wearing a mask all day does take a toll on your face the strings that you put around your ear tend to make your ears sore and having it over your nose can also make you uncomfortable.

I don’t really see the point of having to wear them when you take them off when you sit down. Yes you’re 6 feet apart but still it can still spread through the air. Also when I wear a mask all day walking around I seem to be a lot warmer and sometimes sweat because of it, and i don’t like to be sweating all day just because of you have to wear it.

Also I would estimate that 85% of the people when they are out of school don’t even wear it when they are around people. Honestly I think it should be an option if you have to wear masks in school because 95% of the people in the school are complaining about the mask and don’t want to wear a mask. Even when they have to wear the Mask they still aren’t wearing it right so I don’t see the point of wearing a mask.